Thursday, October 7, 2010

Good, Better, and Best.

WARNING: The following post contains A LOT
of emotional throw-up for lack of a better word.
I am one of those people that just has to get "stuff"
out of myself instead of bottling it all up. BEWARE
and proceed with caution!



Why do I do this to myself? Try as hard as I
might I just can't stop. What am I talking about
you ask? I am talking about blog reading. There
is just a part of me that likes to keep tabs on people
and what is going on in their lives. Therefore, I have
decided that I am a glutton for punishment. It seems
like lately so many of the blogs that I read are written
by people that are pregnant or have a baby. I enjoy
seeing what is going on in their lives but every time
a pang of sorrow and longing accompanies it. Don't
get me wrong I don't fault the people whose blog I
am reading because I am very happy and excited for
them, but I am still a human with those natural desires
to have a family. That being said, I would like to announce
that I have decided to move on with my life. I can't sit
around just waiting for the things that I want to come.
Therefore, I will be returning to BYU this coming
winter semester. Some could say that the last couple
of years that I have spent just sitting around doing
nothing were a waste. I have since decided that they
were not a complete and total loss but a time for me
to discover a little bit more about myself. This time
around at BYU I will actually have a goal to work
toward seeing as I finally know what I want to study.
If things work out, I will be majoring in graphic design.
Choosing this major is a big risk since it is a highly
competitive program that admits only a few students
at a time. I am usually not much of a risk taker but
I guess this time I am going to have to be. I keep
reminding myself that I just have to have faith and
trust that things will work out the way that they are
supposed to.

Ok now that I have blathered(I think that's a word) on
for a couple of years, the real dilemma that I have been
battling with is my desire for two good things. Some days
I want a family more that anything else in the world but
other days I feel driven for the first time in my life to
finish college. It is hard having two good desires in life
but not having complete control over either one. I guess
for now I have chosen the one that I have the most
control over at this point in my life. There I am done!
Moving on.


I apologize if none of this emotional drama makes sense
but I just had to get as much out as I could.

4 comments:

  1. Throw it up girl! We all long for things to some degree that someone else has. You are normal. I am super excited that you are able to start school, do your best in all you can and the blessings follow...I promise. You're awesome! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its okay to vent, we all need to sometimes. Good luck with classes. Luv u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to vent Smell. I am glad and excited for your adventure back to BYU. Don't worry, my blog doesn't talk about being pregnant. I can't even get someone to really like me enough for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Mel :) You guys are a troopers and we love and admire you...

    ReplyDelete