Adam Shadrach Hart
February 9th
6 lbs 7 oz
19.5 inches long
I figured that for history's sake, I better post about one the
most important days of my life. So here goes. I went in for
my 38 week appointment on Tuesday the 7th and found
out that my blood pressure was on the high side. My midwife
sent me over to the hospital to have some lab work done.
I had the wonderful experience of collecting a 24 hour urine
sample and getting my blood drawn. On Thursday, the 9th
my midwife called to give me the results and to ask if I
would come in and get my blood pressure checked again.
Therefore, Cassie and I headed into Orem. Once again,
my blood pressure was high and once again I was sent over
to the hospital to have blood pressure monitored over the
space of an hour or so. I was there for awhile when my
midwife came into my room and said that my blood pressure
was still high and that (to my great surprise) I was having
contractions every 4 minutes. I was pretty clueless, thinking
that they were just braxten hicks since they didn't hurt at all.
Since I my blood pressure was high and my body had
already started the labor process, my midwife decided
to admit me and break my water. I called Scott, got
my water broken and then the fun started. Up until
this point I had not decided whether or not get an
epidural but decided to since it would help lower my
blood pressure. Then we waited. I dilated pretty
fast and before long I was at a 10 and it was time to
push. 1 hour and 20 min of exhausting pushing and
painful contractions, Adam was born!!! I was SO
worn out and SO relieved that it was over!!! He
was born at 8:00 pm (labor was between 6 and 8
hours) and weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was
19.5 inches long. We left the hospital after about
24 hours and arrived just as my parents were getting
to my house. This first week has probably been
one of the hardest and most amazing weeks of my
life. It still doesn't feel real that I am a mother and
that this sweet little boy is my son. What an
experience. I am so grateful for my mom's and
Cassie's help. It was really hard to see them go this
morning I don't think I would have made it
with out them. I am also so grateful for the love and
support from my family and friends. I can't wait to
watch how he changes and grows but I don't think that
I could have asked for a better baby!!!
Grandpa and Adam
Trying to get the bath thing figured out. Mom
still has a lot to learn.
Ready to leave the hospital
Aunt Cassie aka the Pestinator. Cassie is good
at waking him up to eat.
Thank goodness for Grandma!






You did it Mel! Yay! He's so yummy looking from the pictures. That kid REALLY needs some love from Aunt Holly! Good Job!!
ReplyDeleteawwww this kiddo is a cutie! congrats guys and good job, melanie on the delivery and all! you are a rockin' momma already!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! He is such handsome fella. Being a mom is the best and hardest job, but above anything else the most rewarding. I'm so happy for you and Scott.
ReplyDelete