Saturday, March 17, 2012

There Is Sunshine In My Soul

A year ago I would have been
laying in bed on a Saturday
morning, enjoying my
opportunity to sleep in. This
Saturday morning was a little
different. Instead of enjoying
the luxury of sleeping in, I was
sitting in my glider with my
precious little son in my arms.
As I sat there and looked down
into his calm sleeping face, I
the opportunity to stop and  
reflect on my life. A year ago,
I was busy with school and busy
with the fear that I would never
have the opportunity to be a
mother. It amazes me how much
life can change in a short amount
of time. Instead of being a full
time student, I am now a full time
mother and I have learned that full
time definitely describes the life of
a mother. I love being a mother. It
is very difficult and challenging
but it is also wonderful! I think the
the picture above my parents’ piano
sums it up best. “I never said it
would be easy, I only said it would
be worth it.” One of my greatest
dreams has come true. However,
I hope I never take it for granted.
I hope I never forget the two and
a half years that we could not get
pregnant. As hard as they were,
they also taught me a lot. Funny
how trials seems to work that way.
It is only when we look back that
we can see how much growth
came from a certain trial. So
instead of sleeping this morning,
I was overwhelmed with gratitude
for all of my blessings. I have a
a wonderful husband that I love
with all my heart. A sweet little
boy that will always be my little
miracle that arrived whole and
healthy. I am surrounded by
wonderful family and friends.
It is Saturday which means that
Scott is home. The birds are
singing outside. TODAY IS
GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!!!

5 weeks old!!!

 Adam's hair is seriously receding which makes me sad but
such is life.
 Tummy time

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, he is seriously ADORABLE! We live so close we need to get our little boys together. We want to see you guys and hold that sweet little man. I love waking up to babies, it is the best thing in the world, it's like Christmas every morning. I loved your post. I, as well, am so grateful to know motherhood. Congrats again, he is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete