Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Adventures


Christmas this year was awesome!!! Scott and I had the

opportunity to spend it in Eagar with the rest of my entire

family. This Christmas was different for a couple different

reasons. This year our whole family got to be together and

surprisingly the house did not explode. Also this year a lot of

the gifts were homemade. We had all decided that we were

going to do this the previous year. That left us an entire

to figure something out and to get it done. I was SO

excited for Christmas this year, it was almost like being a kid

again! I felt like I had been waiting for Christmas morning

for a whole year! It was so cool to see all of the different

gifts that everyone came up with. They were all so different.

mom and dad even surprised us by doing homemade gifts for

everyone! It was interesting that throughout the year, I would

talk to different members of my family and some of them

say how hard and stressful this homemade thing was, but I

have a feeling that everyone, looking back, would that it had

all been worth it!

this Christmas was also different in that we all pitched in and

helped my mom with the meals because feeding that many

people that many times is A LOT of work. After doing this I

concluded that we as humans have to eat way too often. Three

times a day is a lot. I think next time we do this we should only

serve one meal a day and let everyone fast the other meals and

If we did it that way then we wouldn’t have to worrying about

gaining weight over the holidays :D

Actually for me one of the very best parts of Christmas was just

being able to be with some of the people that I love most!

I am like a sponge, I just soak up the time I have with family.

that is what makes me happy. I have decided that the celestial

kingdom sounds pretty good!

anyway below are just a few of the highlights. I am bummed

that I didn’t get a picture of everything.

The whole fam on Christmas morning.
Holly with her new church bags that Wendi made.

Dad reading the poem that Lisa wrote for Wendi.

Lisa examining the tablecloth that Cassie embroidered(sp?)

Jake and Karen checking out the the quilt Holly made them.

Dad with the homemade ties that Holly and Bonnie
made

This one is for Holly. I am sure that she is happy that I
Put it on my blog but this is the Holly that we know and
love!!!
This was a Kodak moment. We all know that Allen
absolutely detests doing dishes but he was so good help
with them anyway especially when he didn't have to.
Good job Al!!!
These are my children. Until I have kids of my own, I
consider these mine. I love them all so much and love
spending time with them.

I was fun to be able to celebrate Nathan's Birthday. I
can't believe he is four already.

Here are the awesome pillows that Bonnie made me. I
love that they are so colorful. Thank you so much Bonnie,
you did great. And yes they now reside on my couch and
have already come in handy.

Ok ok that was only part 1 of Christmas for Scott and I.
After spending 5 wonderful days in Eagar Scott and I and
Jake and Karen set out for California. Jake and I had been
talking one day, a moth or two ago, about how fun it would
be to go to Magic Mountain together. Most of the time we
talk about about things but never end up doing them. This
time however, we actually did it. The four of us had a great
time at Magic Mountain! We got to ride almost all of the
roller coasters. I am happy to report that I went on
all of the open ones, even the scary ones. I really didn't
want to go on Superman but I was brave and did it
anyway. I have learned that Jake and Karen are pretty
entertaining when you are stuck in line for an hour
with them. Our hotel was actually pretty nice and even
had decent beds, I know a real shocker huh? We
also went swimming, soaked in the hot tub, went to
a movie and even spent a night with Scott's parents except
that his mom was gone so it was only his dad and brother.
We were so worn out from having so much fun that (at
least Karen and I) fell asleep before 10:00 on New
Years Eve. Oh well. We came back on friday and had
the weekend to recover. Oh yeah and I now have my
very own gun. When Scott's dad found out that I like
the old cowboy looking guns he "permanently loaned"
me one of his old, worn out, cowboy looking .22's. He
also "permanently loaned Scott a .22 and a .22 pistol.
Therefore we went from having 0 firearms to having
3. Scott and I are excited to go shooting sometime.
Ok I think that about covers everything and its a good
thing to because my fingers are about to fall off. Oh and
if you are wondering where the pictures are from our
adventures in CA well I would have to admit that
yours truly left the camera in the car the whole time.
Yeah I am pretty bummer too. Oh well. For
now I am enjoying the new year. I have made several
New Years resolutions so we will see if I can stick with
them.

2 comments:

  1. Please remove that hideous picture of your favorite sister before she dies of embarassment! No, really..I mean it this time. I know where you live. ok, fine, leave it, but remember, paybacks are sweet! hehe love you..glad you had fun in CA and we miss you guys! Come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report Mel! I would have loved to be there in CA, it sounds like so much fun. Oh and I like you background whether it was your choice or Holly's :)

    ReplyDelete