Yes I pretty much have fallen of the face of the the earth
lately or at least that is how it feels. I started school on the
4th and it has pretty much sucked away my life. It has
taken awhile to get used to that life again. It has been a real
struggle for me to be away from home all day everyday. By
the time I get home, I am so worn out physically and mentally
that is has been a struggle to keep up with things at home.
Luckily for me, I have a wonderful husband that tries so hard
to help take some of the load off my back. Most evenings I
come home and he has already started the laundry, folding
the laundry, or making dinner. I really don't know how I
would do this without him. Anyway, I can't say that I am
enjoying school but I am doing it. After 4 weeks of school I
can definitely say that racquetball is my favorite class.
There's no stress, no tests, no assignments. All I have to do
is show up and smack a ball against the wall. Well that is
pretty much school in a nutshell. Earlier this month Scott
and I went skiing for the first time. Jake, Karen, Scott, and I
went to Ogden for the weekend to go skiing. Honestly, the
first time I went skiing, it was the most frustrating
experience and all I wanted to do was sit in the snow and
cry. Luckily, a very wise sister told me that I had to go at
least twice before I could pass judgment. Therefore, the
following weekend found Scott and I on the slopes of
Sundance. The second time started out a bit rocky but by
the end, I was able to go graduate from the bunny hill to
a real run. That was pretty exciting!!! Last weekend also
found Scott and I at Sundance. This time the green hill
was no problem and I was able to go down several times
without crashing! We also got brave and went down a
mild blue run. By this time I was feeling pretty proud and
confident. then I got a dose of humble pie. The four of us
(Jake, Karen, Scott, and I) decided to try a blue run on the
back mountain. The sign may have said that it was a blue
but it sure looked like a BLACK to me. I was scared to death
and would not move. Lucky for me, I have a kind patient
brother that stayed with me tried to coax me down the hill.
Finally I just has to take off the skis and make a "walk of
shame" down the hill. I made 3 more of those walks before
we got back to the regular resort. I guess I just need
to remember that line from What About Bob, "Baby steps."
Skiing is still loads of fun and I wish it weren't so darn
expensive so that I could continue to work on my
sweet skills. Ok last but not least, the surprise. One day
this week after a particularly long and tiring day, I stopped
and got the mail on my way home from school. When I opened
up my box, I saw that I had a key to one of the package boxes.
I wondered why I had a package, I hadn't ordered anything
recently. I found that my mother and sent it. My curiosity
burned the whole 15 seconds that it took me to get home.
I opened it up and found an assortment candy, toys, and fun
things. There was also a note indicating that it was from my
mom and two sisters back in Eagar. They had sent me
a "welcome back to school/ cheer up" package. Let me say
that it TOTALLY made my day!!! Thanks you so much Mom,
Holly, and Bonnie!!! Well I suppose that is it for me for now.
Sorry for the lengthy post.
lately or at least that is how it feels. I started school on the
4th and it has pretty much sucked away my life. It has
taken awhile to get used to that life again. It has been a real
struggle for me to be away from home all day everyday. By
the time I get home, I am so worn out physically and mentally
that is has been a struggle to keep up with things at home.
Luckily for me, I have a wonderful husband that tries so hard
to help take some of the load off my back. Most evenings I
come home and he has already started the laundry, folding
the laundry, or making dinner. I really don't know how I
would do this without him. Anyway, I can't say that I am
enjoying school but I am doing it. After 4 weeks of school I
can definitely say that racquetball is my favorite class.
There's no stress, no tests, no assignments. All I have to do
is show up and smack a ball against the wall. Well that is
pretty much school in a nutshell. Earlier this month Scott
and I went skiing for the first time. Jake, Karen, Scott, and I
went to Ogden for the weekend to go skiing. Honestly, the
first time I went skiing, it was the most frustrating
experience and all I wanted to do was sit in the snow and
cry. Luckily, a very wise sister told me that I had to go at
least twice before I could pass judgment. Therefore, the
following weekend found Scott and I on the slopes of
Sundance. The second time started out a bit rocky but by
the end, I was able to go graduate from the bunny hill to
a real run. That was pretty exciting!!! Last weekend also
found Scott and I at Sundance. This time the green hill
was no problem and I was able to go down several times
without crashing! We also got brave and went down a
mild blue run. By this time I was feeling pretty proud and
confident. then I got a dose of humble pie. The four of us
(Jake, Karen, Scott, and I) decided to try a blue run on the
back mountain. The sign may have said that it was a blue
but it sure looked like a BLACK to me. I was scared to death
and would not move. Lucky for me, I have a kind patient
brother that stayed with me tried to coax me down the hill.
Finally I just has to take off the skis and make a "walk of
shame" down the hill. I made 3 more of those walks before
we got back to the regular resort. I guess I just need
to remember that line from What About Bob, "Baby steps."
Skiing is still loads of fun and I wish it weren't so darn
expensive so that I could continue to work on my
sweet skills. Ok last but not least, the surprise. One day
this week after a particularly long and tiring day, I stopped
and got the mail on my way home from school. When I opened
up my box, I saw that I had a key to one of the package boxes.
I wondered why I had a package, I hadn't ordered anything
recently. I found that my mother and sent it. My curiosity
burned the whole 15 seconds that it took me to get home.
I opened it up and found an assortment candy, toys, and fun
things. There was also a note indicating that it was from my
mom and two sisters back in Eagar. They had sent me
a "welcome back to school/ cheer up" package. Let me say
that it TOTALLY made my day!!! Thanks you so much Mom,
Holly, and Bonnie!!! Well I suppose that is it for me for now.
Sorry for the lengthy post.
Karen, Jake, Scott and I at a yummy little restaurant in
Eden (close to Ogden)
Eden (close to Ogden)
The "goods" from my package. I can definitely tell who
picked this stuff out but for the sake of anonymity I will
call her B. Browning or Bonnie B. :D
Packages are fun, arent they? I cant take any credit though..it really was mostly Bonnie. Hope you rested up this weekend and are fresh for another week! Love ya!
ReplyDelete