I was pretty bummed the few days before this last
weekend since I didn't have any fun plans to look
forward to. As anyone who ever ever been in school
before and especially at BYU knows, weekends are very
important. During the first half of the week everyone
asks how the last weekend was and by Wednesday they
are asking about the weekend to come. You think that
they would have figured out something more important
to talk about. Anyway, my weekend was looking bleak
with only homework to look forward to until.....
Around 6 o'clock Saturday evening Scott decided
that he had a hankerin for a root beer float.
since we didn't have any of the necessary supplies, we
had to make a spontaneous trip into the "little town"
aka Payson. You have to know one thing about my
dear husband, he is a hard core root beer float specialist.
When he wants a root beer float, it HAS be done right.
I think the process goes something like this:
First you put the A&W heavy duty mugs in the freezer.
When the mugs are properly frozen, you scoop the ice
cream with proper traditional ice cream scoop. Then you
pour the Root Beer. Then you stuff!!! (ok ok so I am not
nearly as poetic as the kid off of Sandlot, what can I say, I
tried).
Scott insists that a good Root Beer float has to be put in
a frosted mug so that you get the nice slushy root beer
ice cream effect. Yeah I know he is a goober but his
spur of the moment craving for a root beer float turned
a very dull weekend into a fun little Saturday night party.
Especially as we may or may not have gotten some pizza
while we were out. I am just grateful for someone that
works so hard to cheer me up and make life interesting!!!
forward to. As anyone who ever ever been in school
before and especially at BYU knows, weekends are very
important. During the first half of the week everyone
asks how the last weekend was and by Wednesday they
are asking about the weekend to come. You think that
they would have figured out something more important
to talk about. Anyway, my weekend was looking bleak
with only homework to look forward to until.....
that he had a hankerin for a root beer float.
since we didn't have any of the necessary supplies, we
had to make a spontaneous trip into the "little town"
aka Payson. You have to know one thing about my
dear husband, he is a hard core root beer float specialist.
When he wants a root beer float, it HAS be done right.
I think the process goes something like this:
First you put the A&W heavy duty mugs in the freezer.
When the mugs are properly frozen, you scoop the ice
cream with proper traditional ice cream scoop. Then you
pour the Root Beer. Then you stuff!!! (ok ok so I am not
nearly as poetic as the kid off of Sandlot, what can I say, I
tried).
Scott insists that a good Root Beer float has to be put in
a frosted mug so that you get the nice slushy root beer
ice cream effect. Yeah I know he is a goober but his
spur of the moment craving for a root beer float turned
a very dull weekend into a fun little Saturday night party.
Especially as we may or may not have gotten some pizza
while we were out. I am just grateful for someone that
works so hard to cheer me up and make life interesting!!!
Looks like you Scott is a keeper! I LOVE rootbeer floats with a fiery red passion!!!
ReplyDeleteYum, now I want one Mel! Glad you found something fun to do!
ReplyDelete