Monday, June 13, 2011

The Silver Lining

 The last couple of weeks have been pretty difficult and 
stressful with the Wallow Fire threatening Eagar. My family
did end up having to evacuate and some of them chose to 
come up here to Utah and that my friends is the silver lining. 
Times like this are always hard but they are easier if you 
can focus on something good. For me it was being able to 
spend time with my family because if there is one thing
that I love to do, it is spending time with the people
that I love most!It was fun to be able to do some
shopping and other stuff. On Friday we had a get-
together at Jake and Karen's house.We had a water fight
in the afternoon and a cookout in the evening. I was pretty
cool to have all 7 of us siblings together.

The spectators

 The participants. Clif and Karen really went at it!!!
 Amie
 Afton
 Karen with her favorite weapon
 Holly
 Clif reloading
 Lisa and Allisen
 Brandon
 Cort
 Cassie and Bonnie
 Nathan with the hose
 Ashlyn with the hose
 Karen, Amie, and Afton
 Jake Smith and Riley (and others)
 All of my nieces and nephews in various stages of happiness
and tears.
Afton, Nathan, Riley, Amie, Ashlyn holding Allisen, Brandon,
and Cort


On Saturday, Wendi and Karen ran the Utah Valley half
marathon. I can't believed they jogged the whole way!
I am so proud of them!!! Clif, Jake, Cassie, and I ran the 
5K. I don't think I will ever make it past a 5K, I am just
not a runner. Clif and Jake both did really well and Cassie
was kind enough to stay behind with me (the slow poke).
It was miserable while I was doing it but it was pretty 
cool now that I am looking back.

Clif, Cassie, Jake, Karen, Wendi, and Me


Also in Saturday, we traveled down to Monticello for my
cousin's homecoming. It was nice to be able meet up with
my parents and spend time with extended family.


It is now Monday morning and all of my family is gone.
They decided to head back to Eagar since the evacuation
has been lifted. I am happy for them because it has been
hard for them to be away from their homes but I missing
them something fierce. Since I finished up my spring class
on Thursday, I don't really know what to do with myself.
Hopefully I will figure it out soon or else this summer is going 
to be a long one. To all of my Eagar family I just want to 
say, thank you so much for the visit!!!


1 comment:

  1. I loved being able to come visit..even if I was a refugee! jk Thanks for the good times! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete