Christmas this year was pretty awesome!
Scott and I attended several Christmas parties including
one of his company's work parties at Costco. It has
become a tradition for the CEO of the company Scott
works for to dress up as Buddy the elf. All I got to say
is that is takes a brave and secure man to wear those
yellow tights.
We decorated our tree and I even decorated a
little around the house.
Scott and I had our own little Christmas on the 21st before
we headed to California to spend the holiday with his family.
Oh and by the way mom and dad, Scott has already tried out
this dehydrator on some pretty unique things so it is being used.
Thanks again!
We headed down to sunny California on Thursday. This CA
Christmas was definitely better than my last one, it always
helps to not have the flu. Most of the days we were there, we
were pretty busy getting ready for one get together or another.
I was happy that I got to participate in the cupcake tradition
this year. Every year on Christmas Eve day, Scott's family
bakes a bunch of cupcakes and takes them to the police
department. Apparently, they have been doing this for 35 years!
I enjoyed going to church on Christmas day, it helped me keep
the right perspective. We didn't open presents until the afternoon
which was fine with me. The rest of the day was spent getting
ready for Christmas dinner which involved fine china, chrystal
goblets, cloth napkins, prime rib and ham, and A LOT of work!
Scott's dad cutting up the prime rib.
I was kind of sad when Tuesday came and it was time for
us to head back home. We definitely went home with a
full car. Among many other things, our car was full of
baby clothes. My mother-in-law LOVES to buy baby
clothes when they are on sale which means she has boxes
and boxes of baby clothes. We went through them all
and she let me take whatever I wanted. Needless to say
I found a few things :D
I don't think I could have asked for a better Christmas.
I would have loved to have gone to Eagar to spend
it with my family but as time goes on I am realizing
how blessed I am to have two great families that both
do so much for us!
Missed you guys, but glad your holiday was great! Wow..you should be about set now after baby shower AND stuff from the Harts! Sweet!
ReplyDelete