Tuesday, July 28, 2009

California Trip

This last weekend Scott and I traveled to L.A.

for his cousin's wedding. I was especially

excited for this trip because for the first

time in 14 years I would get to ride on an

airplane. On Friday we set out for the Salt Lake

airport before the crack of dawn. Going through

security was an interesting experience, I had to

take off half my clothes... ok ok so it was

only my belt and shoes but it was still awkward.

I have decided that take off is definitely the best

part of riding on a plane. Once we landed in L.A.

we caught a bus that would take us close to Scott's

parents house where his mom picked us up and

drove us the rest of the way. When we got there

we got ready to go to the beach. This was to be my

first experience of swimming in the ocean. Scott's

mom and brother also accompanied us to the beach.

I soon found out that while I love water, I do

like the beach. I was not used to so much water

moving with such force. It kinda freaked me out

a bit. I think I also would have enjoyed it more

if it wasn't so windy and cold. Therefore, for

the majority of my beach experience, I sat on the

beach covered with sand and freezing to death. Oh

and I was determined not to get sunburned so I

lathered on what seemed like 5 layers of sunscreen

but obviously I missed a spot.




That evening, after the beach, Scott and I and

his parents went and watched Harry Potter.

On Saturday we spent the morning getting ready to

to the wedding. We got to the temple with plenty

of waiting time. The wedding was really good and

as it was my first "white wedding" I thought that

was particularly neat. Then we did the wait outside

for an eternity for the couple to come out so we

can take the group picture. That evening we headed

to the country club where the reception was being

held. The reception ended up being really fancy

with dinner, dancing, toasts, and all that. I did

enjoy being able to see and meet some of Scott's

extended family.




On Sunday we went to church with Scott's parents.

I was really surprised when I saw Emer Wiltbank

and his family walk in to the chapel. Who would

have thunk that there of all places I would see

someone from Eagar. After church we hung we ate

dinner and then hung around until it was time to

head to the airport. Once again we arrived at the

airport with plenty of time. I was just wondering

what the heck I was going to do for an hour and a

half when we found out that our flight had been

delayed almost an hour. So after nearly losing my

mind out of boredom, we finally boarded and flew

home. By the time we drove home to Santaquin it

was 12:30 in the morning and Scott and I were both

beat. Needless to say, I slept really well that

night and was very glad to be home.


2 comments:

  1. The beach is fun minus the sand part. It irritated my skin and made me cranky. Glad you had fun and got to fly, and especially that you guys made it back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about both take off and the ocean. Take off is fun because you go so fast, and the ocean is a little intimidating because of the power such a body of water can wield. It's an awesome experience though and I'm glad you got to really experience it.

    ReplyDelete