This year's Halloween turned out to be a lot more fun
than I thought it was going to be. Lisa and Jake are usually
in charge of the Halloween party but seeing as Jake had
to work on Saturday, they pushed their party back to
Sunday the 1st. Some of us in the family that didn't have
anything else to do on Halloween hung out at my house.
Therefore, this year I was lucky enough to have two
Halloween fiestas!
in charge of the Halloween party but seeing as Jake had
to work on Saturday, they pushed their party back to
Sunday the 1st. Some of us in the family that didn't have
anything else to do on Halloween hung out at my house.
Therefore, this year I was lucky enough to have two
Halloween fiestas!
HALLOWEEN PARTY #1
On Saturday, Scott and I spent a chunk of the day
getting ready the evening's activities. Wendi, our
first guest, arrived around 4:30. Jake and Karen
FINALLY showed up at 5:30. From there we ate
a very delicious dinner of chili, cornbread, salad, and
fruit. Once we got dinner all cleaned up got prepared
for some serious pumpkin carving. Jake decided to
carve his massive 500 ton pumpkin and for some
reason decided that the little cheapie pumpkin carving
saws weren't going to do the trick. He ended up buying
a saw from the hardware store. We were busy carving
for awhile and one by one as people would finish, they
would take them outside and light a few candles to
put in them. Just like always, I bet no one can guess
who took about 45 minutes longer to finish her pumpkin
than everyone else. Yep that me yours truly. In my defense
you just can't rush and artist :D. After pumpkins, we all
dressed up in our costumes except Jake. We decided that
he was definitely not appropriate. None of us wanted to
see him in his birthday suit :D. After the costume photo
shoot, we all sat down and watched a VERY scary Halloween
movie called Rocketman. Ok so maybe it wasn't your usual
Halloween movie but it was still fun. After the movie we bid
farewell to our guests and Scott and I called it a night.
getting ready the evening's activities. Wendi, our
first guest, arrived around 4:30. Jake and Karen
FINALLY showed up at 5:30. From there we ate
a very delicious dinner of chili, cornbread, salad, and
fruit. Once we got dinner all cleaned up got prepared
for some serious pumpkin carving. Jake decided to
carve his massive 500 ton pumpkin and for some
reason decided that the little cheapie pumpkin carving
saws weren't going to do the trick. He ended up buying
a saw from the hardware store. We were busy carving
for awhile and one by one as people would finish, they
would take them outside and light a few candles to
put in them. Just like always, I bet no one can guess
who took about 45 minutes longer to finish her pumpkin
than everyone else. Yep that me yours truly. In my defense
you just can't rush and artist :D. After pumpkins, we all
dressed up in our costumes except Jake. We decided that
he was definitely not appropriate. None of us wanted to
see him in his birthday suit :D. After the costume photo
shoot, we all sat down and watched a VERY scary Halloween
movie called Rocketman. Ok so maybe it wasn't your usual
Halloween movie but it was still fun. After the movie we bid
farewell to our guests and Scott and I called it a night.
Jake's is the big one, Scott's is on top, and Karen's is the one
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteok, oops, I commented on your blog under your name when I was helping you with it..sorry. That is why you have a deleted comment.
ReplyDeleteAnyway..cool pumpkins and cool costumes!