Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Battle

What did I do to deserve such a wonderful husband
like Scott? Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me.
I haven't been sleeping very well the last few nights
and yesterday I woke just exhausted. As a result of
being tired I was also very cranky and down. I had
things that I needed to do but I didn't have the energy
or the motivation to do them. When Scott came home
from work I was pretty cranky with him while he
planted flowers in the yard for me, and while he cooked
me a gourmet dinner because I was feeling too cranky
to make dinner. I held on to my crankiness pretty
well through all of this. However, my heard started
to melt when he cleaned up the kitchen and the mess
from dinner. It was at that point that I realized that he
didn't deserve to be treated the way I had been treating
him. It amazed that he could still be so loving to me
even though I continued to treat him exactly opposite.
After I had realized all of this, he came over to me and
gave the next perfect gift... a hug. He then picked me
up and carried me to bed, got me some medicine to help
me sleep, and then put lotion on and massaged my feet.
He then snuggled up next to me and held me while
I cried a bit. A great battle was fought yesterday.
Who was involved? Despair vs. Love. Who won?
Love!!!! Thank you Scott for seeing past everything
and loving me anyway!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a guy! You picked a good one!
    Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a wonderful, mushy entry! Sometimes we all don't deserve the wonderful people we have married - but we all take a turn at that end of the story too.

    ReplyDelete