Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes


I don't know about anyone else but I've never really cared
much for Cinderella. I was always more of an Aladdin or Robin
Hood fan. I mean what is there to like about a silly blonde that
sings first thing in the morning, who can't seem to hold onto both
of her shoes, and has a lot of annoying little friends with squeaky
little voices? I suppose my dislike would have continued if it
weren't for the fact that my darling husband just had to use
his Best Buy gift card on a Wii. Well with the Wii we also
purchased a Disney Karaoke game. At first I was kind of
annoyed that there like 4 or 5 songs from Cinderella and and
only one from Aladdin. I mean what is up with that? Anyway,
when I play the game I usually just put it on random and then
I sing (or should I say attempt to sing) the song that the game
has selected for me. Well eventually I ended up having to
sing these silly Cinderella songs. The Work Song was utter
agony to sing because #1 it is sung by mice with squeaky little
voices and #2... actually I think #1 just about covers it. The
Godmother's song is definitely not my favorite since the only
words that I know how to pronounce are Bibbidi Bobbidi
Boo... the title in other words. Anyway you get the point.
Therefore, I was very surprised when I sung A Dream
Is a Wish Your Heart Makes and found that the Blonde
says something that I found very inspirational. I especially
liked the second verse.

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

This will have to become my motto in life. I just have to keep
on believing and hopefully someday my dreams will come true.
I have had to humble myself a little where Cinderella is
concerned but before you all get thinking that I have
turned into a Cinderella fan, I want to assure you that I
remain loyal to Ariel and Belle. If any of you can't
tell, the point of this long winded post is to show that inspiration
and comfort can come from the most unlikely sources...
even a silly blonde from a Disney movie.



3 comments:

  1. So all this time you have been thinking my kids are crazy huh? Now I get it! Ha!
    Well, that's neat..never really thought of the song that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now.. what's with dissing the blondes huh? LOL.. it's ok I know what you mean. It's never been my favorite either, but I like that song. It's funny what little inspirations pop up out of no where.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie-

    Hey girl! Didn't know you had a blog~

    I feel the same way about Cinderella... you are so funny.

    Isn't it great to find inspiration in such odd, unsuspecting places? Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete