Friday, September 10, 2010

An Eventful Weekend

Part 1: The Getaway

This last weekend, Scott and I decided to getaway and
see some new scenery. I had never been to Park City
so I thought we would check it out. We ended up staying
at a nice bed and breakfast in Midway. We stayed Friday
night and Saturday night. I was nice to do a little touring
as well as relaxing. It was nice to go somewhere that felt
far away but was really only about and hour from our home.


Johnson Mill



Scott and I had some fun having our own little photo shoot.
I wish that we had had a real photographer there because
there were so many pretty places to take pictures!




Part 2: The Birthday

After we enjoyed our little getaway, we got to come home
and celebrate Scott's birthday on Monday. It worked out
well that his birthday was on a holiday even though he did
end up having to work a couple of hours from home. I asked
him if he wanted to have a big get-together but he said
that he wanted just a quiet day at home. Therefore, on his
birthday he opened presents and cards, worked in the yard
(which is fun to him), did a little work for his job, played his
computer game, ate birthday dinner and treat, and played
his new game for the Wii. What more could a guy ask for?


Opening presents

Blowing out all three candles! I decided to be nice and not
make him blow out all 27 candles.

For his birthday dinner, Scott wanted roast beef and
mashed potatoes and gravy. The funny thing is that we
had just had that meal 2 weeks earlier. He just didn't
get enough I guess. Scott also chose butterscotch pull-aparts
for his birthday treat(the same thing he had last year). Therefore,
since marrying Scott, I have had lots of opportunities to master
butterscotch pull-aparts.

Cassie ended up being there for the
festivities since she decided to come over and do laundry.


Thank you to all my family that wished Scott happy birthday,
sent him a card, and/or gave him a present! It was very
appreciated!




THE END

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Man, butterscotch pullaparts sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, the pics you took of your weekend getaway are actually pretty good and some are artistic, GOOD JOB!! I am glad you had a good time. Oh and awesome grass!!! I LOVE GRASS MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I have a confession to make. As much as I would love to take credit for those awesome pictures, it just wouldn't be right. Scott took those pictures but in my defense I chose which pictures to post and of course I chose the good ones.

    ReplyDelete