Monday, December 6, 2010

And in the Morning We're Making......

I am sure that you have all seen the movie Shrek.....right?
Well if you will remember one of Donkey's more quotable
lines is "and in the morning I'm making waffles." Great line
huh? Well over the weekend My sister Cassie and I did not
not make waffles instead we made gingerbread houses out of
graham crackers and frosting. You might think that we are little
old to be making gingerbread houses but I say that there are
just somethings that you are never too old for and making
gingerbread houses is one of them. It was lots of fun! We had
fun making fun of each as we were building our houses and
they would collapse or something. Of course we had the
Christmas tunes going in the background. Thanks Cassie for
the great idea!


The building supplies

Don't ask what shape Cassie was going for because I
am still wondering that myself :D

Mine looks more like a mud shack at this point but don't
worry it ends up looking a little bit better.
Cassie's finished product. Scott thought it looked more
like a spaceship. I think Cassie was more proud of her
awesome snowman and Christmas tree than her house.

I decided to go more traditional this year but I was fairly
pleased with the way it turned out since my gingerbread
houses usually end up looking like a random pile of graham
crackers and frosting as my sister Bonnie was kind enough
to remind me :D

The proud builders.

The current state of the houses. Scott and I were looking
for dessert after fasting yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! You have more patience than I do for those things...I end up cranky! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so making gingerbread houses now. Me and My kids are on it! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete