Monday, November 29, 2010

Hallowe... I mean Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 was spent in good ole Big water (again)
with the Harts. We arrived in Big Water Wednesday evening
where my in-laws were kind enough to take the five (mom,
dad, Scott, me, and Grandpa Hart) of us out to a steak house in
Page. I decided to be brave and try prime rib for the first time.
Let me just say that I have no appreciation for fine cuisine. To
me it just tasted like a big hunk of beef thrown onto a plate. I
must be really pathetic because I think I would have enjoyed
a frozen pizza more, like I said me and fine dining just don't
go together. Anyway, moving on. Due to the fact that Scott's
parents and Grandfather just got back from a long and tiring
road trip, they decided not to do a big turkey dinner. Instead
we had a simple ham dinner. Before you all get feeling too
sorry for me because I had a turkeyless Thanksgiving, I want
to note that it was also one of the most stress free Thanks-
givings that I have had. I don't know about all of my MANY
(sarcasm) readers out there but in my experience Thanksgiving
dinner is a lot of work and stress. Therefore, it was nice to
have a little less stress during the holiday. We pretty much
did 3 things while we were there, eat, talk, and play card games.
I really enjoyed playing the card games even if I NEVER
won because I have an 8 year-old's brain when it comes
to strategy. Anyway, Fun times! Our holiday was a bit on
short side since his parents were left on Friday to start their
trek home to L.A.. I was a bit bummed that we had to come
on Friday but I least we missed the bad weather. On Saturday
Scott and I decided to go see a movie in the theater. We both
enjoyed the movie Tangled. The rest of the day was spent just
bumming around, doing nothing productive. All in all, the holiday
turned out better than I thought it would but it was still hard
to be away from my family and not knowing what was going
on or what they were all doing. I can't wait until Christmas
in Eagar!!!


Eating our Thanksgiving feast.


Our lovely group picture

We thought this dog was pretty humorous. He was
just sitting in the van in the Safeway parking lot waiting
for his owner to come back.

It was a VERY big dog!!!


THE END

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the less stress filled Thanksgiving dinner. And glad you didnt have bad weather! We missed you guys.

    ReplyDelete