Her hands shook with anticipation as she prepared to begin
the task that might spell life or death for more than just
herself. Time was running out. She knew that that she
could not let the paralyzing fear that was coursing through
her body win. As she began her task she concentrated with
all her might, trying desperately to remember all that she
had been taught. The first maneuver was the hardest
but each subsequent movement became easier as she
slowly and methodically worked to complete her task.
The process was going well and she thought success was
hers until her precise movements became more and more
erratic. At that moment she began to feel her success
slipping away from her but she knew that she had to
keep fighting. No matter the cost, she could not and would
not accept defeat. When it seemed as if all was lost,
she gritted her teeth and kept going, concentrating with
every fiber of her being. Before long her brow began to
glisten with perspiration but she knew that her goal was in
sight. Finally the pivotal moment arrived and.....
the bomb blew up and everyone died!!!
Just kidding...hahahahaha :D
...she lifted the pie crust up off of the counter and into the pie
pan. Then she ever so slowly and carefully unfolded the pie
crust until it filled the entire pan. She breathed a sigh of
relief when she saw that the pie crust was mostly in one
piece. It was not perfect but with a skillful patch job,
it would do.
She poured in the apple pie filling that she had
previously prepared and then the process began again
to get the top on the pie. It got a bit sticky at some
points along the way but after 45 minutes in the oven,
the master piece was finished.
I can count the number of pies that I have ever made on
one hand so I had been wanting to try my hand at it again
for awhile now. The process was long and tiring and I
have renewed appreciation for my mother's expert
pie making skills. I know that if she were here, she would
say that it is only because she has made so many during
her lifetime. I guess I will have to keep practicing.
Despite the fact that my pie was far from perfect, it
actually tasted pretty good and in the end that is what
really matters....right?
I bet I had you all going there for a minute, thinking
that I had joined the bomb squad or something, Well
that was what it kinda felt like as (not that I would know)
I was trying to get that pie crust up off of my counter.
By the way I think that if drawing, painting, and sculpturing
are all areas of art then pie making should definitely be
added.
THE END
You are silly. Pie crust is a pain in the bum...thats why I dont make them too often. But they do taste good! Glad you didn't blow up.
ReplyDelete