Wednesday, September 12, 2012

29 and 60

 Last Thursday Scott turned the ripe old age of 29. It is
 kinda crazy to think that next year he we will be in his 30's.
Since we were going to be spending all day on his
actual birthday in the car we did some of his celebrations
early and some late. The Tuesday before his birthday
I made him his butterscotch pull-aparts and gave him his
presents. On Thursday (his birthday) his parents took him
out to eat to a Mexican restaurant. Scott was in heaven but
it was too spicy for me. Yesterday we went to Tucanos
for his birthday meal....yum! I felt bad that his birthday was
all spread out and that we didn't do much on his actual
 birthday but he didn't seem to mind...he obviously isn't
 as attached to his birth date as I am.

The birthday boy.
 Scott is really hard to buy presents for but I did my
best. He got a computer game, exercise shorts, a book,
a sign and a family picture collage (the last two are for
his desk at work).

We spent most of Scott's birthday in the car on our way
to California to attend Scott's grandparents' 60th wedding
anniversary celebration. It was fun to be able to spend 
time with Scott's immediate and extended family.

On Friday Scott's parents took their boat out on a lake
to see how well it was running. It ended up being a fairly
short outing because we forgot the canopies for the boat.
We were all pretty hot but Adam especially wasn't too
happy.
 Scott got a little wake boarding in and REALLY felt his
age. He was sore and hurting for the next several days.
 Some sweet air!
 Grandma and Adam
 Adam hated his life jacket.
 Daddy doing his best to provide some shade
for Adam.
 Adam didn't get to play in the lake but he did get
to take a bath in grandma's awesome inflateable
duckie bathtub.
 Adam and Daddy chilling with the creature that spawned
the furry life forms that reside at my house.
 Anniversary cake
 Grandma and grandpa cutting the cake.

It was nice to get away for the weekend. Adam had his 
moments but on the whole did fairly well in the car. He
also surprised me by sleeping really well during his naps 
and at nighttime despite being in a pack and play in 
a strange house. One of the nights we were there Scott's
parents' took us out to eat to a Chines buffet where I
got to try crab for the first time. I also got a break from
Adam for a few hours on Saturday while my
mother-in-law and I went baby clothes shopping.
Adam got to stay home daddy and grandpa. I think that
 pretty much sums it up.
Good times!!!

2 comments: