This last weekend Scott, Cassie, and I made that long and
so enjoyable trek down to Eagar. Our reason: a certain
blonde and goofy niece of ours was turning 8 flippin
years old and was going to get dunked. I still can't believe
it myself. It seems like yesterday that I was at school
excitedly telling all my friends that my sister was in labor.
Time definitely flies! Anyway, we were only able to be there
for less than a day and a half but i am so glad that I was there.
Being able to see her make that special step by being baptized
was worth all those hours that I spent in the car. There
was such a special feeling during the baptism. It helped
put things back into perspective for me. It was so also fun to be
able to gather at China Garden to finish celebrating her
birthday. I still don't know what kind of kid is SO in love
with orange chicken... it seems a bit odd to me but
hey whatever floats Ashlyn's boat. I want all my family
to note that I was brave and had some of Ashie's birthday
cake even though it had cream cheese in it. I even enjoyed
it a bit:D On the whole it was just a great weekend. It is
always to good to spend time with family. I have to admit
that having been to Eagar twice in just a couple weeks,
I am getting addicted. However, I don't have any plans
in the near future for another trip down.... yet ;D
so enjoyable trek down to Eagar. Our reason: a certain
blonde and goofy niece of ours was turning 8 flippin
years old and was going to get dunked. I still can't believe
it myself. It seems like yesterday that I was at school
excitedly telling all my friends that my sister was in labor.
Time definitely flies! Anyway, we were only able to be there
for less than a day and a half but i am so glad that I was there.
Being able to see her make that special step by being baptized
was worth all those hours that I spent in the car. There
was such a special feeling during the baptism. It helped
put things back into perspective for me. It was so also fun to be
able to gather at China Garden to finish celebrating her
birthday. I still don't know what kind of kid is SO in love
with orange chicken... it seems a bit odd to me but
hey whatever floats Ashlyn's boat. I want all my family
to note that I was brave and had some of Ashie's birthday
cake even though it had cream cheese in it. I even enjoyed
it a bit:D On the whole it was just a great weekend. It is
always to good to spend time with family. I have to admit
that having been to Eagar twice in just a couple weeks,
I am getting addicted. However, I don't have any plans
in the near future for another trip down.... yet ;D
Nice pic of Dad! Ha! What a good Aunt you are to come so far for Ashlyn! Thanks for everything.
ReplyDelete