So I am pretty sure that everyone has heard of Mr.
McGregor's garden (if not then you had very deprived
childhood because you never got to hear the story of
Peter Rabbit). Well I am here to tell you about Mr.
McHart's garden. Scott decided that he wanted to do
a garden this year. I told him he could have one little
grow box and that would be his garden. So what does
he do when he goes to buy railroad ties(I was not there)?
He bought enough for two grow boxes so now instead of
our garden consisting of one grow box it is now up
to two. Well on the bright side at least we can brag
along with the rest of my family who all seem to be
doubling the size of their gardens this year. Except
Scott and I can brag that we doubled the size of our
garden all in one year HA beat that :D. Just kidding!
Anyway, this last week Scott and I have been working
each evening to get our two little grow boxes put in.
Therefore, I am proud to announce that on Saturday
phase 1 of the operation was completed! Our
grow boxes are small and uneven but hey they are
ours. I am thinking that this whole gardening thing
could be pretty interesting seeing as neither one
of us really knows what we are doing for sure.
Therefore, if we manage to get anything to grow
this year then it will be a success. I also want my
family members or at least the ones that know just
how much I love working outside(NOT) that I helped
Scott with most of this first step. I got to shovel lots
of dirt. Now you should see the size of my shoulder
muscles... talk about BIG!!! Ok ok so I exaggerate,
our two little grow boxes did not contain that much
dirt but for the sake of the story we will stick with
the first version which included the big muscles. Well
I think I will conclude now that I have rambled on and
on pretty much about nothing. All I got to say is... wish
us luck...we're gonna need it!!!!
My studly man....and the garden.... I suppose :)
childhood because you never got to hear the story of
Peter Rabbit). Well I am here to tell you about Mr.
McHart's garden. Scott decided that he wanted to do
a garden this year. I told him he could have one little
grow box and that would be his garden. So what does
he do when he goes to buy railroad ties(I was not there)?
He bought enough for two grow boxes so now instead of
our garden consisting of one grow box it is now up
to two. Well on the bright side at least we can brag
along with the rest of my family who all seem to be
doubling the size of their gardens this year. Except
Scott and I can brag that we doubled the size of our
garden all in one year HA beat that :D. Just kidding!
Anyway, this last week Scott and I have been working
each evening to get our two little grow boxes put in.
Therefore, I am proud to announce that on Saturday
phase 1 of the operation was completed! Our
grow boxes are small and uneven but hey they are
ours. I am thinking that this whole gardening thing
could be pretty interesting seeing as neither one
of us really knows what we are doing for sure.
Therefore, if we manage to get anything to grow
this year then it will be a success. I also want my
family members or at least the ones that know just
how much I love working outside(NOT) that I helped
Scott with most of this first step. I got to shovel lots
of dirt. Now you should see the size of my shoulder
muscles... talk about BIG!!! Ok ok so I exaggerate,
our two little grow boxes did not contain that much
dirt but for the sake of the story we will stick with
the first version which included the big muscles. Well
I think I will conclude now that I have rambled on and
on pretty much about nothing. All I got to say is... wish
us luck...we're gonna need it!!!!
My studly man....and the garden.... I suppose :)
I just can't get enough of this studly man!!!!
the "Saturday morning just get out of bed and work
in the garden do?"
while we were working on our garden. Who would have
thunk that people actually live on the other side of the
fence :D.
Oh Mel, you make me laugh! Whatcha gonna plant?
ReplyDeleteThis is another one of those entries that are so very YOU. I got quite a chuckle. I'm very envious of your garden.. maybe we'll have to come over and help you with it because I'm dying to have a garden to work in. we can go out and weed together or water or something.. maybe just stare at it an watch it grow. Can you tell I need a house someday soon?
ReplyDelete