Thursday, March 4, 2010

My New Hero

I had an epiphany come to me while I was in the
shower this morning. Over the last couple of days
I have been rewatching the Anne of Green Gables
movies. I have decided that Anne is my new hero.
Ok ok I know that she is a fictional character and all
that jazz but I still admire her. For one the whole red
red hair thing... I can relate to that. In my childhood
I got called some unappreciated names referring to my
hair. I later learned to deal with it and not let it
bother me. I admire Anne in that she is almost
always happy. She spreads good cheer with everyone
that she comes in contact with. She is confident and
imaginative. She always perseveres through opposition.
She is always reaching out to others. She dreams of
being a published author and her road in getting there
was not a smooth easy one but instead to had to
keep trying time and time again. She is very attached
to her home and where she grew up. She is also
spunky and that is something I appreciate. These are
some of the similarities and the qualities that I desire
in Anne. I know that this is kind of a silly post but hey
what are blogs for :D

3 comments:

  1. I can see how you would like Anne. I do too. Glad you are enjoying my movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those movies! her imagination always reminded me of me, sometimes a little over the top, but I have always enjoyed her as a character too. You're a lot like her.. just as spunky and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey melanie, long time no see! I totally agree with you on the Anne of Green Gable thing. These are probably my favorite movies ever! Don't tell anyone but after I get done watching them, I secretly wish I had red hair and lived back in those days! I also must say Gilbert Blythe is pretty dreamy too.

    ReplyDelete