This past Memorial day weekend I participated in my
first ever 5K. Before this experience I used to wonder
why people would pay money to run, it sounded like
torture to me seeing as I am definitely not a runner. For
the most part I only signed up for the 5K because two
of my sisters and one sister-in-law were doing it also. Yep
I admit the peer pressure got to me and I jumped on the
band wagon. Before the race, the longest that I had been
able to jog was about 1 mile. By some amazing miracle, I
was able to jog almost 3 miles of the race! I am not sure
if it was just knowing that it was a race that gave me the
will and endurance to go that long. My time wasn't
anything too spectacular but it was a still a big victory
for me. I now understand why people pay money for
torture because along with it comes a sense of
accomplishment and I don't know about everyone
else but I really like that feeling!
why people would pay money to run, it sounded like
torture to me seeing as I am definitely not a runner. For
the most part I only signed up for the 5K because two
of my sisters and one sister-in-law were doing it also. Yep
I admit the peer pressure got to me and I jumped on the
band wagon. Before the race, the longest that I had been
able to jog was about 1 mile. By some amazing miracle, I
was able to jog almost 3 miles of the race! I am not sure
if it was just knowing that it was a race that gave me the
will and endurance to go that long. My time wasn't
anything too spectacular but it was a still a big victory
for me. I now understand why people pay money for
torture because along with it comes a sense of
accomplishment and I don't know about everyone
else but I really like that feeling!
Perhaps it brought out your competitive nature. Go Mel!
ReplyDelete