Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Growing Boy

 Adam is now 5 months old...hard to believe sometimes.
When we took him to the doctor for his 4 month checkup,
he had only gained 10 oz in 2 months. However, I am
 pleased to report that when I took him back to the doctor
 to be weighed at 5 months, he had gained 2.3 pounds
 in 1 month. Therefore, I have concluded that he definitely
 was not getting enough food from me and am glad that
 I chose to supplement. We now do half breast milk and half
formula. I am just glad that he is gaining weight again
 although he is still on the slender side but that's okay. At
 5 months he is weighing in at 13.34 pounds. On his 5 month
 birthday we entered the realm of baby food. That first
 week we did just rice cereal and the second week we
 have been doing rice and green beans. So far so good. He
 is eating like a champ but boy it is a messy process.

First time. I have decided that feeding a baby baby food 
is definitely a skill that improves over time. Yes we plan
on getting him a proper high chair just as soon as I
decide on one.  
 Random picture....I just liked his expression.
 Like I said....a messy process.
 Yummy green beans. I think he definitely prefers the green
beans to just plain rice.
 5 months old and full of smiles
 Daddy and Adam

 Jack (the cat) assuming his rightful place in 
this world :D
 Another baby food picture that got out of order.

3 comments:

  1. Oh baby food is fun and messy business. One step closer to them feeding themselves..you'll like that one! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the bumbo chair with Cort for awhile too. It was easy to set it on the counter and have him at a nice heighth to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of Adam on Jack but I especially love your comment about it. I had to hold back a really loud laugh because I am in the library :)

    ReplyDelete